New IndoorAtlas Android SDK is now available at developer.indooratlas.com. This update introduces several improvements and new features, including:
- Support for setting up known initial position, usable with for example known beacon references
- The new SDK brings our Android offering to the new platform framework used also on our iOS SDK with lower positioning latency
- Data bandwidth requirement between the Android SDK and IndoorAtlas cloud service is less than one tenth of its former level, helping solve potential connectivity problems on low-bandwidth networks during positioning sessions
- Better connection management and reconnect performance
- The internal implementation has received a major rewrite and a number of bugs have been eliminated
The Android Map Creator application will be updated in Play Store in the near future.