Wayfinding made easy
A few months back we released our first wayfinding beta plug-in, which provided the core routing algorithms, but required the app developer to handle the provisioning of the wayfinding graphs manually. In SDK 2.9, wayfinding is fully integrated to the SDK with a new, easy-to-use API and, most importantly, the wayfinding graphs are handled under the hood. Just draw them in the editor and they are downloaded by the IndoorAtlas SDK automatically. Once the graphs have been downloaded, wayfinding works offline, like a big part of the positioning nowadays. The routing algorithms have also been tweaked to provide better navigation experience to your users.
Last stop before full offline
We are happy to inform you that our journey towards an autonomous cloud-independent, i.e., offline, SDK is progressing well and many of the interesting upgrades necessary in the offline world have already been implemented in SDK 2.9. In particular:
- Floor plan changes can now happen offline
- API is forward compatible with the first full-offline SDK
- Full venue meta data is available through the SDK
- Floor plan meta data does not need to be fetched asynchronously, but is
already available in the relevant region events
- New and better APIs for controlling indoor-outdoor detection and floor levels
- General performance improvements
Lots of new stuff. Check out the release notes for API documentation and other details.
P.S. some things have also been deprecated and will be removed in the upcoming full offline SDK version 3.0. They still work in 2.9 but be sure to check out the migration guide so you’ll be ready when the next version is released.