Horizon 2020 – The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation
Today more than 4 billion people live in urban environments, spending over 90% of their time indoors. Urban Mobility will be one of the toughest challenges for cities around the globe. Taking into consideration 12,6% increase in the global smartphone use adoption this year alone, indoor positioning market is on track to grow 36% CAGR to over 4B€ in 2020. IndoorAtlas – Finland-based technology SME – is the only global provider delivering an indoor location Platform-as-aService (PaaS). IndoorAtlas cloud platform provides an interface for application developers to create venues, manage data and build their location-based services within their mobile application. The platform seamlessly supports both Android and iOS devices ensuring that developers can build a wide range of application features that support navigation, search and discovery, and proximity advertising. The innovative platform leverages geomagnetic hybrid indoor positioning technology and utilises the digital compass present in every smartphone. It enables currently thousands of registered developers to create highly scalable mobile applications that utilise indoor positioning. The key ambition of Global Platform for Indoor Location Services (GlobILS) project is to scale-up and expand IndoorAtlas concept into new geographical and sectoral markets by reaching to potential customers in new industrial verticals, educating and developing the market in the process, as well as enhancing global support and customer success. GlobILS project is supported by the European Commission from Horizon 2020 dedicated SME Instrument Phase 2.
- Today more than 4 billion people live in urban environments, spending over 90% of their time indoors
- Indoor positioning uses cases range from public safety, indoor maps and navigation, transportation, retail and asset tracking to healthcare and emergency management
PROJECT GOALS AND RESULTS
- To scale-up and expand IndoorAtlas’ concept into new geographical and sectoral markets by reaching to potential customers in new industrial verticals
- Enhancing global support and customer success
- IndoorAtlas acquired 2,2 M€ grant from Horizon 2020 SME instrument Phase 2 for a duration of 18 months from October 2016