Last modified: February 4, 2016
2. Information We Collect
When you use an Application, our SDK collects certain limited information regarding your device so that our Services can determine the location of your device on behalf of the Application. This information includes the following:
- Sensor data from your mobile device, including for example data from the accelerometer, magnetometer, gyro sensor, barometer, proximity sensor and brightness sensor of your device.
- Radio scanning results from the various device radios, if available, such as WiFi BSSID/SSID, Bluetooth / BLE information, cellular radio base station CID/LCID.
- Other device data, including the device manufacturer, model and operating system information and the IP address associated with the device.
- Our SDK generates a unique, device-specific identifier (“IndoorAtlas UUID”) for each end-user device in order to facilitate session management. The IndoorAtlas UUID is generated by IndoorAtlas for a specific Application that utilizes the SDK– it is not the same as the device’s IMEI code, WiFi MAC address, Bluetooth address or other hardware-originated persistent identifier. The IndoorAtlas UUID is generated and reset at every Application re-install.
- The SDK also recognizes the Developer of the Application with a Developer-specific API authentication key, an Application name/version and IndoorAtlas SDK version used.
- To measure and optimize the SDK performance, at times the SDK sends runtime metrics of itself to us.
3. The Purposes For Which We Use The Information
We use the information collected by our Services for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to Developers;
- To operate and manage the Services;
- To provide features available in the Services;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Services;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses;
- To protect our rights and/or our property;
- To audit and analyze the Services; and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Services.
4. How The Information Collected Is Shared
We may share the information that we collect with the following third parties:
- The information collected about you is available to the Developer of the Application you use.
- We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services, and these service providers may have access to the information collected.
- We may share information that we collect with our subsidiaries and affiliates and other entities in our group of companies, or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, or other corporate reorganization.
- We may share information with our business partners, such as advertising partners, in compliance with applicable laws.
- We may share information with public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
- We may also share information to other third parties as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
5. The Security Of Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the information that we collect from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of the information we collect, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access thereto. We do not warrant or represent that data we collect or process will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Your Rights
7. International Transfer
8. Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.